Libertas London Candidates

These are your Libertas candidates for the London region:

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Championing better inclusion for disabled people

After my accident in 1999, I quickly realised that the group of people called 'the disabled' frequently find themselves on the fringes of society -  not only do disabled people face many physical barriers, but they are also often pre-judged. 

As a consequence, I have become involved in various organisations representing people with disabilities and their better inclusion both in the physical world and in people's minds.

In the past I have been on the DWP's steering committee Images of Disability, aiming to create more positive portrayals of people with disabilities in advertising. 

Currently, I am an Associate Member of the Employers Forum on Disability (EFD) and the Broadcasting & Creative Industries Disability Network (BCIDN).

No comments:

Post a Comment