Libertas London Candidates

These are your Libertas candidates for the London region:

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Paul Forrester

Hello, my name is Paul Forrester and I am the Libertas candidate for the London constituency in the European elections on June 4th this year. May I tell you a little about myself, to assist you in making an informed decision at the ballot box.

I stood for election because, whilst I sincerely believe in Europe’s future, I feel that Brussels has become remote from its electorate. It has become unaccountable and has little more than a democratic veneer. For example, no EU accounts have been independently approved for the past 14 years showing a lack of determination by Brussels to be financially transparent to its own electorate.

I have been a solicitor for over 25 years, am married to a teacher with 2 children, aged 24 and 22, both completing post-graduate studies. I have been associated with the London Borough of Croydon since my schooldays when I met my wife. She, her parents and both my children were born and raised in Croydon. We continue to live and work in the Borough.

I am not a career politician. My aim is to contribute towards achieving a more democratic, a more accountable Europe, a Europe we can all believe in.

Why Libertas?

First France and the Netherlands voted against constitutional change, and more recently, Ireland voted against the Lisbon Treaty. These referenda show the anxiety of the electorate. Rather than now seeking a mandate from the entire EU electorate, Brussels manoeuvres towards a further Irish referendum. This is hardly democracy.

Greater democracy and accountability by Brussels towards its electorate has not and cannot be achieved by national parties. What is required is a pan-European party committed to achieving such ideals.

This is why I ask you to vote for me as the candidate for Libertas, the only pan-European party, the party committed to democracy, accountability and transparency in Europe.

Vote for democracy. Vote Libertas!

No comments:

Post a Comment