Libertas London Candidates

These are your Libertas candidates for the London region:

Wednesday 8 April 2009

A bit about me


I'm a 44 year old Londoner. I grew up in Hampstead and I now live in west London, slap bang in between the tower blocks of Shepherd's Bush and the mansion blocks of Holland Park, right by the new Westfield shopping centre.

After a life threatening car crash in 1999 which left me with severe disabilities, I have now 'rebuilt' my life. So major were my injuries that, after my accident, most people expected me to sit in front of the TV all afternoon. This is not the case!

Apart from running a business as a marketing consultant (I also used to co-run a large advertising agency), I spend the majority of my time running my new charity Diversability, aiming for more inclusion in mainstream society for people with disabilities.

In my spare time, I regularly indulge my twin passions for my beloved Arsenal and the theatre (one of the good things about using a wheelchair is that its relatively easy to get tickets to both).

My road back to recovery culminated in March when I married my partner Justine.


No comments:

Post a Comment